Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lazy daze of summer

Days like today are just those lazy, lazy days. Like Kerry said before, he's sick, so he's not being super productive, and let's face it, unless I have motivation I'm not very productive either. We both slept in this morning, and he woke up feeling pretty icky, so he just played on the computer, and I got up for a brief period of time, and then went back to bed until it was time to go to work. Poor guy has to close tonight and work 2-11, but I lucked out and only got a 4 hour shift today, 2-6, so after I got off I went up to Walmart and sat on his lunch with him and tried to make him feel better. We got him some good medicine, so I'm hoping that that, combined with a good coma sleep will have him feeling better tomorrow. If not, I might have to convince him to stay home. He's supposed to work 3-12 tomorrow, and I know there's no way he could last until midnight if he feels the same. He's never ever sick, but when he is, he does it up good and just feels terrible. My wife/mommy skills kick in, and I do my best to nurse him back to health, we'd be lost without him. I'll pump him full of medicine when he gets home and send him to bed. He's not getting up before 10 tomorrow unless there's a fire. ;] In the meantime, Maymie and I are making a night out of movies and sandwiches, only not really any sandwich for her. So mostly sleep I suppose, since she's had a rough day of sleeping..? That makes sense. At least she's in the air conditioning all day, this heat business is really getting to me. Not only do I sweat like a man now, I feel drained the second I step outside. Here's hoping to a cooler, more healthy day for our household tomorrow. =]



I think that in her mind she's a cat? Or at least a small lap dog. Once my belly got too big for her to sit with me ( I never said we didn't do it to ourselves. ;]), she started sleeping at my feet, underneath the computer desk while I'm on here. In the wintertime at least I'll have a toe warmer? =] P.S. Excuse her red devil eyes, the camera wasn't good to her.

--Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Uhm, I might have spoiled her a bit. She liked to sit on aunt Kayla's lap while y'all were at work. Oops.

    ReplyDelete