Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Super Shopper

Being married ensures that you have a "roommate", and just like when it's a non-spouse roommate, when they're gone and you're home alone it can be boring. I got off work at 7, and Kerry had to close, so I went and visited him at work afterwards and did what I had said would be light shopping. 2 hours later, and I'm still there. Don't ask me how I can take so long to buy $20 worth of stuff, but I definitely make it happen. I was on a mission to buy supplies to make a goody bag for a friend, and I swear I lapped that store a billion times. I'd check off something on my list, and then look down and the next thing was clear on the other side of the freakin' store. I know I know, you'd think I'd learn to write my lists by aisle, but I do it as it comes to me. On big grocery trips Kerry's in charge of the list/crossing off, he can get the job done. All in all, a pregnant waddler making her way through Walmart isn't a pretty sight, and it doesn't bode well for my back. Once I finally got everything bought I went home to assemble the goods and bake a little, it wasn't too much longer before Kerry got home. I love feeling accomplished when he comes home. He normally doesn't say anything about what I've done, but I know he cares and appreciates it. I try and keep up the house and cleaning side, and he picks up where I leave off on finances. We've got a pretty traditional marriage, and we're both content with our roles. I'll never be one of those power women, I'm perfectly alright with "belonging in the kitchen" and him "bringing home the bacon." He takes care of all of us, and that's all that I ask. =]



You can tell that Maymie misses her Daddy while he's gone, she's all over him when he gets home. She doesn't particularly like to share, but she doesn't mind. =]

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment