Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's a blimp, it's a whale, no..it's just a pregnant lady.

More boring work, it seems like that's all our days consist of. Today was a rare occasion though, Kerry worked early and I had to close. Granted, my closing only consists of 5-10 versus his 2-11, but it's still brutal on me. I don't need special treatment, don't get me wrong, but I can't runrunrun like I used to. I'll just get myself waddled to whereever they have me working on something, and someone will "Excuse me, do you work here?!?" or "Helllllooo, can somebody PLEASE check me out?" and I'll have to waddle back, without getting anything done. It's frustrating first of all, because it shows how sickeningly spoiled the human race has become with wanting everything nownowNOW, and that pregnancy really does slow you down, whether you want it to or not. I still hustle my butt off, and very rarely leave without getting my projects done. It's nice feeling like I'm a valued asset to a team, and that I'll be missed when I'm gone. The girls at work always give me a hard time and tell me that I'm not going back after baby is born, but the bills won't quit coming. I'll take 6 weeks maternity leave, and then either find a daycare to put him in (SO not thrilled about that, I don't trust anyone with my dog, let alone my child), or try and find someone we know to watch him. In a small town like the one I'm from, it'd be easy to find an older woman to watch him, but here it's harder because I don't really know any older people, and most people here aren't fully retired, so they still have a job to attend. We're down for any suggestions or recommendations of anyone who would be interested in providing childcare, paid of course. =] Anyhoo, after I finally got off work we decided to go swimming because it's been so stinkin' hot here, over 100 everyday, and we've been in a heat advisory for the past week solid. The water was really warm, but it felt good on my back. Kerry thinks it's funny that I can't really swim anymore, or float, but I still get my water aerobics on. ;]



I look thrilled, don't I. I look like the Kool-Aid man in a jumpsuit. Kerry just loves taking unflattering pictures of me, love ya hun!

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment