Saturday, August 14, 2010

Werewolf? Therewolf!

We both lucked out and had early shifts today, so we made plans to go to a friend of ours' show. He plays drums in a band called Werewolf Therewolf (http://www.facebook.com/werewolftherewolf), and they were playing in a show with a bunch of other bands at Hailey's in Denton. Third String Productions was putting on the show, and if you're familiar with the local scene at all, they're the company you want backing you. They've brought in a TON of big names, none that any of you would probably recognize so I'll spare you ;], and these guys made it on to one of their shows! They needed 40 people to show up for them, and they went well past that..they get to be on Third String's Halloween show, Monster Mosh II now, yay!!! Needless to say, we won't be going, but we wish them the best of luck. Anyhoo, we headed out for the show at about 10:00, and they went on at around 11:15. I love going to shows, but this was a beating. It was so humid and hot in there, it was ridiculous. It wasn't as smoky as I thought it was going to be, and there was easy access to water. =] I sat down most of the time, and oddly enough the baby didn't move around during the music, it was when it would stop that I would feel little bumps here and there. Guess he wanted more rock, or cowbell. ;P Did I mention the part where everyone in the building stared at me the whole time? I guess pregnant girls don't go to shows? I cleared it with our doctor and she said it was fine, as long as I was okay, so I was down. I'm sure everyone thought I was a terrible person and mother, but oh well, a little (or a lot) of public embarrassment never hurt anyone! It was fun to see him and see how the band has grown, but I really don't miss going to shows that much. Funny how your priorities change so quickly, not to mention my body can't handle it anymore, too much standing, and not enough A/C or water. This was however my first outing where I didn't end up with XXXXXXX all over everything, I got a wristband! Yay for being an adult. =D


Tried to get a shot of the band, but it was pretty dark in there. =/

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment