Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can we buy an $80 blanket??

I always look forward to days like today, either an ultrasound or a doctor's appointment. Today happened to be an ultrasound day, so we headed over to Baylor Medical Center in Grapevine and went to see the doctor. Today we had our original doctor, Dr. Grahm, and he's pretty quiet so we don't find out a whole lot, just that he's of course perfect, and that he's still stinkin' big! That's right ladies and gents, that was no fluke last time, he's measuring a little over 2 weeks bigger than where he should be. He weighs 2 pounds 6 ounces now, meaning that he's gained 10 ounces in just 3 weeks. We also learned that he's head down, with his spine at my belly button and his feet up by my ribs, so he's basically in a "U" shape. It's always interesting for me to see how he's positioned, then I can figure out what he's beating me with. It doesn't hurt when I get kicked in the ribs like a lot of people think it does, it's just uncomfortable, especially when he decides to just jam his feet under there and leave them. I think earlier today he was trying to tunnel underneath my hip bone with his hands, Kerry says he's a curious adventurer. I think he's just a brat. Have I mentioned how much I love him?! ;] Overall it was a good appointment, but I'm SO angry with..someone, not sure who. Ha. Usually we get a DVD with all the footage on there, and today was no exception, only when we got home and went to watch it, it was BLANK!! Ugh!!! Trivial, yes, but frustrating nonetheless. We've got another ultrasound in 3 weeks, so there's definitely another chance, no worries. We've also got our normal doctor's appointment on Tuesday, so that should be fun. I get to take my glucose test, which consists of chugging what I've been told is like flat pop and then waiting an hour and having my blood drawn afterwards to see how my body processed the glucose, or sugar. Hopefully all goes well, or else I have to retake a 3 hour version, what a pain. We'll also get to see if Dr. Herr decides to change our due date (fingers crossed!!!), which I doubt, but we're curious regardless. It'll also be nice to ask questions and find out that I'm normal, which I don't feel like all the time. I've been really uncomfortable (who wouldn't be, with feet under your ribs and someone's head pushing on your bladder?!) lately and feel like he's trying to make his escape. He's not, we've still got a long way to go, but it's kind of nice to know that worst case scenario if he were born now, with our awesome medical technology he'd have an 85% survival rate. I'm sure some of you are like uhh, isn't 100% better than 85%? Duh, but we've come a long way since our days of miscarriage risk!! Everyday is a blessing, and we don't take it for granted. =]




This was the best shot they could get of his face today, he was being squirmy and covering his face with his hands. There's his face on the right side, you can see his eyes, or giant black spots, pretty good. Just be glad I didn't put the picture up of his little "turtle" as Dr. Grahm calls it. How fitting that this child's unofficial theme is turtles. I feel an embarrassing story coming during his teenage years. ;]

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment