Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm a baby, but just call me Yao Ming.

It gets hard to keep caught up on the blogs and remember what happened each day, they begin to run together after awhile. Today was memorable though because we had another sonogram, and this time we were in for a surprise. No, they didn't find a 2nd baby, and no, it didn't magically turn into a girl. We ended up with a different doctor performing the procedure this time, this one with more humor than the last, and he kept really measuring everything in detail. Finally he asked the assistant what Dr. Grahm, the previous doctor, had measured the baby at last time, and she replied with "3 days bigger", meaning that technically that would make our due date October 31st. (Pretty cool huh?!) I had asked my OB at my normal appointment what it would take for them to change my due date and she said the baby has to be measuring several weeks off, so I was in the safe zone there. Of course I still bragged that he was such a big baby and that he would be early, but I figured that was probably pretty fictitious at the same time. Finally after processing what the assistant had told him the doctor said "Huh, I'm getting him at about 2 weeks bigger." What?!? Are you serious? He was! All of my baby applications say that he should be "about" a pound by now, but he's already 4 ounces shy of TWO pounds! His little femur is already 2 inches long, that was measuring THREE weeks ahead!! Looks like he's taking after his daddy, if he keeps this up he'll be one tall baby. I was 22 inches long when I was born, and my dad is 6'5", so he's getting height from both of his parents. They didn't say anything about changing his due date, I'm sure they'll leave that up to my normal doctor, so as of now we're still November 2nd, but we'll see what Dr. Herr has to say when we go back on the 30th. He's completely healthy, aside from the fact that he'll be roughly the size of a 5 year old when he's born. ;] We didn't get any fun pictures this time, he had his butt sticking out front, and his head was pointed towards my back, so he was being pretty anti-social. On top of that he was sleeping, and despite the doctor's efforts of punching me with the ultrasound wand, he was lazy and didn't wake up to come see us. =[ Guess he knew it was my day off, so he figured he'd kick back as well. We'll have another sonogram at the end of this month, hopefully he'll be more cooperative then.




Since we didn't get any pictures of the baby today, I figured I'd share an awesome fixture of our summers: 49¢ drinks from Quiktrip. Since my family got here we've frequented there daily I think, if not more than once. Lucky for Kerry and I we have one less than a block from our house. =]

--Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Dang! He's growing so quickly! I guess it's a good sign that he's healthy.

    Can't wait for our 20 week sono. 7 weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete