Tuesday, July 27, 2010

iPhone 4

Yup so today was that day. I mean I went to work, I hung out with Kristin and Kayla, but it was today that I was going to get the new iphone. I was excited. You know because when you see the thing and when Apple talks about it they act like it is the Hulk of cell phones. It has the best speed, best touch screen, coolest icons, and every other phone is modeled after this one. This is the phone that will look at your taxes and do them for you. Nations have risen to the surface because of this phone and other have fallen. This is the phone that made people realize there were other ways of communicating on a cell phone other than just talking and texting.
We didn't realize the power behind the phone. The pressure people put on you to get an iphone was almost like a druggie trying to get you to help him build his stash. He would sell you anything, a bag of cheetos for ten bucks and charge you for gas that was already in your car. The pressure is enormous and then when you make the decision that you are going to get one it gets even harder until you have your hands on it. Oh did you get the phone yet? Are you going to get the phone? You aren't going to get the phone. You're a lady, you don't have what it takes to use an iphone! What's your excuse? Big thumbs? Well turn it side ways! Yeah its that good.
Then of course the name is intimidating. The iphone. I mean its like it is its own self. I Phone. Yes you phone. I PHONE! I Tell you what to do. Please don't transform on me I'll do anything, you wanna know where the all spark is? I'll tell ya, I don't know but I'll do as many cross word puzzles as it takes to find out. Or maybe its like eye phone. That's weird. There is a whole other conspiracy there. Is this thing watching me? Did that phone just move? You didn't see anything
So I get it. I mean I got off late from work, and then I went to the back and pulled the phone off the truck and made sure that they were checked in, along with any other items that needed to go out to electronics. I took the cart out there and told them they could sell me my phone. They typed all of the info into the system and it wouldn't let us in. We did it again and still a no go. We made up some numbers and still a no go. We rechecked it and found our problem and then we were in. They found the phone, they updated the plan and they checked me out. I was good to go. But I had to wait to get home to use the phone. I took the phone for the drive home making sure to hit every stop light along the way. We got home and plugged it into the computer and we were good to go. It was working and everything. All we needed was the update. And then it glitches out. Its too late to go to get it fixed now and I leave early tomorrow morning so I have to wait until I get back from Oklahoma, I hope they still have one. Thanks so much Apple. Thanks.

-- Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment