Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I bank! Avery

So today I had a day off and since Kayla is down here in Texas I decided that it might be fun for us to go to Six Flags. When I was a kid and we lived down here in this area we use to go to Six Flags almost every week in the summer time. At that time there weren't anywhere near as many rides as there are now.
Either way Kayla and I slept in today, and we didn't leave the house until about 1. We made good time, even though I had no idea where I was going. I hate following directions when I have never been some where before. Soon we were pulling into the parking lot with the bald dancing man smiling awkwardly at us. (For any one who doesn't understand that go watch a Six Flags commercial. )
When we went into the park it was almost 100 degrees, a little hotter than what I would have liked. We also found out that we weren't going to be able to take the little back pack we brought with us around because there wasn't any place to store it while we were on some of the rides. So after much walking we were able to get on our first ride, we picked the Tony Hawk one. That was one I hadn't ever been on before and it was also a long wait, not a good start to the rest of the day. Luckily it was the longest we had to wait all day.
Kayla has only been to a theme park like this once before and I hadn't been to one in a long time until a few weeks ago when we went to Sea World with my parents. So running around the park we rode: The Flashback, The Judge Roy Scream, Tony Hawk's Big Spin, Batman: The Ride, Mr. Freeze, Shockwave, Superman: Tower of Power, and the Titan. I really enjoyed the Batman ride, maybe because I liked being inside a mock Bat Cave, or maybe because I really like roller coasters where your feet get to hang down. Either way it was fast and furious, and awesome. Even though it is fast it doesn't go 0 to 70 in four seconds, that one happens to be Mr. Freeze. When we were riding that one it took both of us by surprise because we had no idea that it was going to shoot off at 70 miles an hour or that we would end up going backward during the ride.
I will have to say that by far though the best roller coaster that I have ever been on is the one in this picture, the Titan. A ride that takes you up 25 1/2 stories and then sends you flying at over 85 mph just has to be good, but when you are riding it and it spins you so tight in a circle that you almost black out (trust me this happens to every one who rides the ride), well that ride must be a gem. I will send a shout out to mom and let you know that I don't think you should ride this ride. And folks for those of you who think that my mom is a wuss I'm not saying that she couldn't handle it, I'm just saying I know that it wouldn't be any fun for her. Me on the other hand, I went on it twice.
After a while though we decided we were tired and it was time to head out. Kayla says that next time we should get the Flash Pass so that we can just line jump every one, yay us! I am looking forward to going again, I hope she is. I also wanted to throw in a comment that we heard. There was a mom and her little boy as we got off the Titan and she said to her son, "Are you okay." The poor kid just shook his head, "No." But nothing fazed mom, she was about ready to go on it again with her older boy.
Avery! This is my favorite name that is on the list, which probably means that it is at the bottom. But the name means nobility, and elves council. I guess the name is more like a library than anything else. Powerful and full of what people need to know. A council, some one who is there to help, to explain, and to look at the options from another view. Kristin says that this is a girls name though. But I'm still hoping.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment