Monday, July 26, 2010

Ya done goofed!

Work, work, and more work. That's what today started out with, well, just for me. Kayla and Kerry started out their morning with more sleep after I left, and then ate an entire package of bacon without me. I was sleepy, hungry for bacon, and had a stinky house when I got off work, but hey, what are you gonna do. Once I was home Kerry had his friend Jim come over and play video games, so Kayla and I decided to go out and run some errands. She wanted to find a new CD case because she bought a spool of 50 blank discs, and burned all of them full of music off of our iTunes. Craziness!! At least we'll have music for the car ride to meet up with my parents? Anyway, her search was unsuccessful, but I found what I needed. At church on Sunday they made an announcement about "Transform", an organization that helps local families in need by donating school supplies. We bought a backpack and filled it full of school supplies, the kid that gets it will be good to go. I love donating and helping people out, but I especially like shopping for stuff and then giving it away. The "Angel Tree" at Christmas time is awesome, I'd buy everything off of there if I could. I'll give money if I have it, but I by far prefer to shop for what I'm giving, makes it more personal for me. I feel so blessed that we're able to help others and that we enjoy doing it. I've always been a softie, so I definitely have always had the want and need to help other people. It's nice to know that God forbid we're ever in a situation where we need help, that there's other people out there like us willing to do that. God is good. =] After shopping we went to the Dollar Movies and saw "Killers", with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl. Love her. It was a good movie, and we rounded out the night with some absolutely delicious Wendy's. Unfortunately the dining room was about to close, so they didn't have their fountain ketchup out anymore. And the answer is yes, I think I made up "fountain ketchup", but I'm sure you know what I mean.



The backpack full of goodies. Kind of makes me miss being in school, or at least shopping for the supplies. Guess that's why you have kids, is so that you can relive your whole childhood. ;]

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment