Wednesday, July 7, 2010

You don't say that!!

As Kerry said before, I've had tons of dramatime with my job this past week, so today was a VERY welcome day off. We all slept in pretty late since we were up late last night from seeing the movie, so it started out pretty lazy. Kerry had to work today, so it was just me, my mom, Kayla, and Karter to have a day out on the town. We did what women do best: shop. I picked up some more clothes for lil' boy, and we got some awesome stuff for the bedding my mom is going to make. That turtle bed set that I posted awhile back I LOVE, and my mom is an awesome seamstress so she decided that she'd make a reproduction of it for me. We found all of our fabric yesterday at Joann's, and we were just down to needing the details. I'm not very crafty, so I never realized how expensive the "skeleton" parts of some things could be. For instance, stuffing material is ridiculous. Anyway, anyone who knows me knows that when I get a random idea in my head, I can't function until I carry it out. I decided that even though we were all beat I wanted to go to Babies R Us and look for a diaper bag. (I'm stuck, if anyone has any awesome places to look, PLEASE let me know!!) I struck out on the diaper bag, but I found a clearance sale they were having and we found an actual set of bumpers for the crib and a mobile to tear apart and remake for cheap, plus 25% off!! Needless to say, I got both things for less than what stuffing itself would have been. My mom and I were some happy girls. =] The only thing we still need to find is little turtles to put on the mobile. Again, if anyone has any suggestions let me know! I'm excited because I can send all of the materials home with my mom and she can get a good jumpstart on it. I know her, she procrastinates, and she knows me, I'm OCD and want everything done RIGHT this minute, so I'm hoping that by starting it early we can both get things done in an orderly time window. =]



The bumper pads, mobile, crib sheets I found at Ross' for $5, and the fabric we picked out. I can't wait to see the finished product!!!!


Right as I was about to sit down and write this blog, 4 fire trucks, 3 cop cars, an ambulance, and a fire pickup showed up outside. Literally right outside my house, I took this from our balcony. It was neat because nothing ever happens here, and Karter loves big trucks and stuff, most little boys do. We got a front row seat to the action. Or non-action. All we saw was a bunch of firemen roam around outside/inside the front office with flashlights for about an hour. They took a few ladders in, an ax, and a bunch of pole thingies. Any suggestions? You can guarantee my nosy butt will be making a trip to the office tomorrow to find out details! lol

--Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment