Saturday, July 17, 2010

A day in the life....

Okay so today I'm going to be greedy and hopefully interesting. I am just going to walk you through what a normal day would be for me. I'll try to keep it interesting and let you into the resources of my head.
Eyes blink open. The alarm clock isn't even off yet, it has at least twenty minutes. I know this and I can't even see the time. I always wake up before the clock goes off, doesn't matter what time it is. Today I know that there are two girls sleeping in the house who don't want to be woken up. I do my best t sneak around the house getting ready while trying to not make a sound. Opening and closing the doors and drawers without waking the flies and some how I still wake them up.
Soon, which is at least an hour and a half later, I am on my way to work. I leave thirty minutes early, no matter what. Some times it ends up being twenty-nine and others thirty-one but mostly its thirty. Because I leave that early no matter what I am never late for work, not by one minute. Its 10:57 and I clock in. You are probably use to your job so much that you don't even think about whats going on. You just work. Occasionally you get the excited customer who yells at you or thanks you or just bothers you. Work is over before you know it and you are back to your house.
Home is full of two ladies, some times loud some times quiet. Some times I listen to them speak, it doesn't matter what they are saying, there is just a buzz to their voices. Some times I listen to see if I can decipher the voices apart. We play video games, or tic, keep the neighbors up, and watch a movie. Then to bed, and do it again tomorrow.
If you think about it its not really a bad gig, but not all that exciting. But its not the story that we care about, its the people and the characters. Its the ones I come in contact with every day. Its my wife who thinks I purposefully pee on the floor. Her sister who hates the rolling sound of a fart unless she unleashes it. The phone calls to my parents. The martial artist who I work with. My baby boy who isn't born yet and my heavenly Father who watches over me every day.

--Kerry

2 comments: