Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Grady, lady

So today was another lazy day, have I ever said how much I hate having two days off at a time? I really don't like it, I mean it seems fun at the time but then I know that tomorrow I'm going back to work and I have to work for a long time until my next day off. I guess its okay because I didn't get my laundry done yesterday.
So we started today by doing some laundry. (I hinted toward that in an earlier sentence.) Kristin went to work early so Karter, Kayla, and I had cereal and donuts for breakest. Then we spent most of the morning just lounging around playing video games. I thought that this picture showed perfectly what a boy does and wants to do. He was very intense in the game, though all he wanted to do was run into things. Someday I can see him being a great demo man.
Kristin was off at three, she is working longer shifts now because at her job several people quit. Its good for us because we get more money but I think her back is taking the toll. We goofed off most of the afternoon around the house and then when it got to be about seven we decided to go down and BBQ. Its odd every time we want to do that something goes wrong. We were hoping to get some swimming time in but when Kayla and I went down to start the coals we found all of the pool gates locked. I of course have no problem jumping fences and since there was no sign over we went. Once inside the area we did see a sign that read, "Pool Closed". So I guess there was no swimming but of course it didn't say pool area closed, so we were still going to BBQ.
After the BBQ we decided to go see the movie How to Train Your Dragon. Kristin didn't really want to see it but the rest of us really did. It turned out to be a really good movie, now I have to go and get the books.
So that name we have today is Grady. I looked at this name and I totally thought it was going to be something like, son of O'Grady or something. Come to find out this name mean Noble, or a man of high rank. It is a name that people with power would give their children. Its Gaelic of course so I like it and it sounds very modern, yet unique. I think since looking it up that it has grown on me a bit, but it kind of sounds like a chubby kid with his head phones in too. I'm not sure which is stronger.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment