Monday, July 12, 2010

"Hi, my name is Snooki, can I take your order?"

It's funny how similar you are to your family members and how you rub off on each other. I had another day off today, so Kayla's and my agendas were simple: sleep wayyy in, and go shopping. To everyone else sleeping in may be 8:00, or maybe 9:00, but I think we finally got up and ready by about 1:00. Aside from my mom and Karter, that's not uncommon for the Skiles', unfortunately. The mission was to find Kayla a dress for the homecoming dance in the fall since she doesn't have access to shopping in Colby like we do here. (Colby is a tiny town in northwest Kansas for those of you who weren't aware - around 6,000 people compared to our 90,000 here in Lewisville alone!) We headed out to Denton since we've already hit the mall here and the mall in Grapevine. Of course I shopped for baby stuff the whole time and came out with some pants for him (Are baby pants made of gold or what? Those suckers are expensive!!) and still no luck with a diaper bag. =[ Kayla however found a few treasures at Ross, including this ADORABLE dress. Yes, we have the same style, and yes, I'm living vicariously through her since nothing will fit me. =D The next dress shopping trip will be fun, I'll get to help pick out a prom dress..makes me feel really old, guess I'm old enough to be someone's mom though, ha! We ended the day with some awesome Chickfila, and a couple scary movies. As I finish this blog Kerry is on his way home from work to get me and go for a Quiktrip run. I love him. =]



I love vintage, glamorous dresses like this. Sexy, but still innocent at the same time. Shh, don't tell my dad that I used the word "sexy" to describe his youngest daughter. ;]

--Kristin

1 comment:

  1. she looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!! what a classy dress.
    (when i sleep in, i don't get up before noon :P )

    ReplyDelete