Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lets do some Yoga, I am demonstrating the Horse Bird.

Another Sunday gone by and sadly we weren't able to go to church. I know there are some people who need to start their week off with church. They go to the service because they need that beginning. Its as if they don't start their week unless they go. So I guess its more of a superstitious thing than really wanting to go to church.
I worked real early which of course means that I was off early and had much of the night to just hang out. I asked around, meaning I asked Kristin and Kayla, and neither one of them can remember us doing much. Just cleaning and picking up the house. Kinda sad.
This is a picture of Kayla and Kristin being special. I think this is their impersonation of some one with squinted eyes. I suppose you could take that one notch to far but its okay we are just going to leave it there. I am probably going to get in trouble for posting this up there though as I didn't ask and I'm not sure they will appreciate it. But Kayla, before you get mad, I almost put a picture of you sleeping under your tiny blanket up here. I just want you to take that into consideration.
I was sitting here thinking about speed and what it means to us today. I find it funny how words change over time. Speed back in the day meant that you were getting a letter within a few days of some one sending it, now we think dial up internet is slow. If we don't receive texts every few minutes we think something is either wrong with our phones or with us. Long ago a family would hire chefs to cook their meals and every day they would make the food, now we just run down the street and get a pizza, or get it ordered in. I can travel the Oregon Trail in a matter of days instead of months. The ocean is crossable we can get to the moon and even have made contact with planets further on. Some times its nice to just slow down and feel like you don't have to go as fast as the rest of the world.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment