Thursday, July 22, 2010

Number 16

Today was quite an adventure filled day. Kerry and I both worked early shifts this morning, leaving Kayla to fend for herself. Luckily once I arrived home I found her in perfect health, aside from the scratches that Maymie gave her. (She likes to get her riled up and play with her, of course she's going to go nuts!) Once we got Hulkdog calmed down and back to a semi-normal color, we set out to go to my appointment with WIC. It was definitely an experience, and I was definitely the minority, let's just leave it at that. There were screaming kids everywhere, and we were there for a total of 2 hours I think. Headache central. On a random note, there was a lady that worked there that looked just like Tatum's fiancée Nita, Kayla and I were in awe of her. She wasn't quite as tiny though. ;] We finally were free to go, and luckily I got approved. I know that some people get heated over the subject of government assistance, but I always look at it as if I'm paying into it already, why not partake. I'm very thankful that those outlets are there for us to utilize, and am glad other people who need the help can get it as well. After that beating (mostly the children's lack of a beating), we came home and picked up Kerry, as well as some good ol' Quiktrip, and headed out to Sam Moon. For those of you who aren't aware of what that is, it's AMAZING. It's like Walmart, but only with purses, jewelry, and hair accessories. Most women's reactions after walking in for the first time are, "WOW." Kayla and I found ourselves needing new purses (mostly her, but I can never pass up a good purse), so the hunt was on. We finally made our decisions, and I think we're both pretty happy with what we ended up with. =] The rest of the night was just spent lounging, pretty boring stuff. We're also anxiously awaiting the arrival of the littlest Hopkins, our new nephew, who is set to make his arrival anytime now. Hopefully we'll have some news on that tomorrow, and will get to go see him if he's here. Did I mention how much I love babies?!? =D



The black one oddly enough is Kayla's, making the pink one mine. I treated myself to the matching wallet, and decided to go a more feminine route. Be proud everyone, it's not black! ;P

--Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Tatum didn't mention to you that I like to make cameo appearances in various places around Lewisville? Yeah, it's sorta' what I do. :P

    Also, nice purses. You can most definitely tell you two are sisters. :D Not that you couldn't before, but O_o...ugh never mind. You know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete