Saturday, October 30, 2010

Done blasted his face!

In the middle of the night some people may go walking in their sleep but if its me who is walking int he middle of the night its not to the valley of dreams. Its more to the valley of diaper changing. I don't know if I should call it diaper changing. Changing sounds like I am being proactive and offensive, but in this quest to keep yonder child bottom from reddening up I put on more of a defensive display. Such as last night when I stood up, very tired, and took the kid to the changing table. I think of that table more like an operating table. I carefully get all of my tools ready and then progress with all of the defensive activities. Even when I do everything right things don't always go as planned. I took the diaper off of his bottom and started wiping. I pulled my hands away to re situate the wipe and suddenly there was an explosion. A blast of yellowy excrement shot, not slid, out of my kids behind. I was shocked, probably because I was tired, so much that I threw the wipe behind the crib and jumped back. Being a dad is awesome!
We needed to make sure our house was in order. Kristin and I are pretty clean people but also we are very organised people and right then our house was not organised. So after we got up and Sawyer was asleep again we knew we just had to clean the house. It was pretty easy going because he sleeps through anything and we got it done in only a few hours. Thank goodness.
Kristin and I are not yet experts on children and perhaps we never will be but we think that so far our few days as parents we have done a pretty good job. The only thing we need to make sure to do more of is sleep. Sawyer will make sure that he gets as much as he needs but we run around trying to take care of him and live our lives the way we would have without him and it just get tiring. More for her than for me but I still get a little tired too. So we've decided to take our lives into prespective and pull out of it what we don't need to have in it. Don't worry we are still keeping the blog. But we probably wont be able to go out as much or run around doing all the things we use to do. Now before we hear all the told you so's that you all want to say to us while shaking your 'wise' heads please don't because we already knew this to start with. There are only a few things that we have had questions on and luckily we have our moms that, between their eight kids, have gone through just about everything. Kay night!

--Kerry

1 comment:

  1. Dude I nearly fell in the floor laughing so hard (which wouldnt have been good on my leg) at your reaction and description of the middle of the night diaper change! lol

    ReplyDelete