Monday, October 11, 2010

Thunder Cats are GO!

If you read this title and think, 'is the baby coming?', the answer is no. The baby is not yet coming. But we are in the near ending weeks of child bearing. This day marks as 37 weeks. That means that now we are full term. That means that if we had the baby today then we would be okay for him to be here. Of course I think we would have been okay any way but I really think he should stay in the tummy just a little longer. Either way we are really excited.
Both of these pictures were taken yesterday and both show how large Kristin is. Most of the time people say that Kristin isn't that big but I think that these pictures really show how big she is. I think tomorrow I'll post one of these again along with one of the first pictures that I took of her once we found out she was pregnant. Then you may have the same reaction as Kayla. 'Big Baby' Yes Kayla, yes. Of course when looking at the picture you have to remember that this woman is almost six foot tall and that gives her a much larger frame than you five foot six girls. (For any one who is right now offended I just threw the number out I wasn't thinking of any particular person I was just throwing numbers out there. Please don't get offended.)
Today we went to our second birthing class. In this class we learned a lot about breast feeding and about what happens after the baby is born. We learned that they stay awake for about two hours right after they are born and then hit the sack for almost 24 hours. I think that is pretty awesome because I wish I could sleep that long. But I can't. I can't sleep that long at all.
I will say that the more of the classes I go to the more excited I am about having the baby. (Yes it is still Kerry typing) I just see the baby on the screen and can't wait until I see ours. Of course hearing Braeden talk to my mom while I am on the phone is a pretty strong reason to get excited. I am ready to see him, and to name him, and to hold him. But I do want to clear some thing up for every one who is reading this. This love that I have for my kid did not happen over night. It took much longer. I remember int he beginning there wasn't any way I could get excited, and I didn't feel the way about him that I do now. So for any one who thinks it just happens, it doesn't, at least not for me. Maybe that makes me heartless, but I care about him now.
Today was also Stephanie's birthday. Yay! You are now.. one year older than you were last year. Good job. This is the first birthday of yours that I have been here to celebrate with you and I'm glad you are my friend. Thank you for becoming it. Love you tons Steph.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment