Friday, October 29, 2010

Which baby is yours?!

So Wednesday night Bernice and Kayla stayed the night to make sure that we were able to take care of the kid. Well more to say they stayed to help take care of him. But being at home we didn't need near as much help as we needed in the hospital and taking care of Sawyer came pretty easy. We would set an alarm for when it was time for him to eat, Kristin would call me to wake me up and I would change his diaper. She would feed him and we would sleep. It was a lot better than the hospital.
The sun came up Thursday and we got out of bed. Bernice made breakfast and Sawyer was just as he always was. I don't know that he does much right now but I'm not a baby expert. I was glad Kayla and Bernice were able to spend some time with him as I know they have a lot going on and can't always make trips down here. I think we'll be making one up to Colby and out to Colorado in the middle of January. Until then those folks are going to have to keep up with Sawyer on the blog.
Friday morning. Bernice was at LeeAnn and Harry's last night so it was just the four of us at my house. We all decided that we'd like to go to Sawyers first doctor appointment. We were really pretty excited about our doctor because he went to the University of Kansas Med School. That's really where I'd like to go. Dr. Smalley also had a baby this last week. When we met him he approved of our name and checked out the kid. There isn't anything that is wrong with him, really the only thing that was worth noting was the doctor getting Sawyers poop all over his hands. "Thats a nice yellowy stool. Good job mom."
From there we went to Wal-Mart and I showed the kid off again. Then we had a test we needed to get done at the Hospital and Kayla was about to leave. We took the kid in to get his foot pricked and then home it was to wait until Bernice came to get Kayla. When Bernice came over she brought the mobile she made for the bed and now Sawyers bedding is complete. Hopefully he'll be in the bed some time this week. We just have to wait and see how Kristin is feeling. It was sad to see the two Kansans go home but we know that they had to. We'll see them pretty soon I think.
--Kerry

P.N. Okay so I want every one to look at the pictures closely and tell me which one is Sawyer. Because he isn't both of them. One of the kids here is my little brother and the other is my kid, can you tell which is which? The first time I showed Justin he didn't believe me. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment