Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Epic Tales of Greatness! More like, Great Tales of Epicness.

The past few days have been tremendous. I have been witness to see some extraordinary changes to the dynamic of relationships. The relationship between husband and wife has added another life in the equation and now it is Dad, mom, and child. The relationship of mom and baby has changed because now he is here for everyone to see. I could only imagine the difference between having a baby inside you and holding a baby in your own hands. The relationship between dad and baby has changed too. That relationship before was with a baby that you know is in there but, you can’t really feel yourself. Sure you can feel the baby kick but, that is a small substitute to feeling every single movement the baby makes and the connection the mother gets to have. When the baby is born, it is the first time the dad can hold the weight of the baby. For the first time in the relationship, the dad holds and keeps secure the health and life of the baby. Amazing changes that we anticipate but, (I am sure) can never fully understand until the magic moment happens.
In case you’re wondering, my name is Justin. A few of you may not know who I am (although I have been mentioned a couple times by the “blogmaster”). I work with Kerry and have been friends with him for a little over a year. Stephanie (my wife) and I have been hanging out with these Barnetts since the announcement was made. Between trips to Ihop where “whisper yelling” is made acceptable and running up the escalator the wrong way to try and make the baby come out, we have enjoyed the friendship and hilarious moments that will be captured in our memory (or on the iphone).
What I am still trying to get a grasp on is that Big Ole Baby Barnett is here. I mean Trogdor is here… I mean, Leonidas is here! No, no, no. Sawyer is here! How epic is that. With a name that strong, we can all be sure that there will be epic tales of greatness or more like, great tales of epicness. The baby Sawyer has a small legend that needs to be shared already. The 1 day old Sawyer is in fact, the youngest martial arts student I have ever had and, on his first lesson, he kicked my arm and left a nice, gigantic baby foot bruise on my arm. That bruise may have already been there but, that is beside the point. The point is Baby Sawyer has kicked a master of martial arts and he won. Truly Epic! Chuck Norris needs to keep tabs on this one. Sawyer may be able to kick and break the fist that his hiding inside the beard of Chuck Norris by the tender age of 3. In closing, I have enjoyed the opportunity to share my thoughts and hijack this blog. The Momma Barnett and Lead CSM Kerry will probably regret letting me do this but, sometimes “IT’S NOT FAIRRRR!!!!!” or however you sing it. I am happy to be made involved in the life of the legend, Sawyer Avery. He is way too awesome to describe and even has better hair than me. The “New Jersey Blowout” doesn’t even stand a chance. We will be here for whatever you need and, I am sure I speak for more than myself when I say, we are so very proud of all 3 of you. With all the love of friendship can hold, Thank you! Good night!

--Justin

2 comments:

  1. congratulations Kerry and Kristin on the birth of your beautiful baby boy Sawyer. :) you guys are going to be Awesome parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you guys! He is SO handsome! Justin, thanks for the post! I'm glad you're keeping us all upadated. =)

    ReplyDelete