Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

This is 10-10-10. In the list of epic days that you could have your first anniversary on its probably in the top ten. Maybe it means that we are going to spend that many years more together. Of course if that is true then it means we'll be together for a very long time. I think that I am okay with that.
Sadly this was not the type of anniversary that I wanted to have. I wished that I could have stayed home or taken Kristin to some sort of resort even if it was one just in town. Something as simple as a hotel room would have been good enough for me. But I wasn't able to do that. Instead today we spent the day at work. Not that I wasn't trying my best to be nice to people I am sure that I was a little more abrasive today than I should have been. Of course that might have been something to do with the Patriot's lanyard that I was wearing around my neck. Last week my Dolphins played and lost to the Pats so I wore the lanyard. I think we'll win next time but I haven't any idea. I just hope.
After work Kristin and I got all dolled up, well she got all dolled up and I put a shirt on. Good for me! But it was good enough for a sweet picture. --> I know its awesome. We were going to go to Studio Movie Grill, (I just want to insert that I have a problem with this name because it seems like a run on sentence to me like it just starts something but never really finishes or that it just keeps going and it really doesn't need to 0_O), but because there weren't any really good movies and she didn't want to sit through anything that was there or any where else, we just went out to eat.
I remember last year when we got married. I stood there waiting for you to come down the isle. I was anticipating passing out, shaking, or sweating but when you came into the room there wasn't any one else there. It was just you and I. I wish I could tell you I remember the vows but I don't, I wish I could tell you I remember the decorations, or where people sat, or who was there. But mostly I just remember your eyes, and your skin, how you smelt that day, and the smile, that smile. You have a smile that radiates happiness. Some people smile and you can see that they are happy but when you smile it makes people happy. It doesn't matter when or what you are smiling about every one seems to just get happy. Your eyes light up and your cheeks dimple out like a porcelain doll. I will always want to see that smile, and feel that feeling of when you walked down the isle when it was just you and I standing in the middle of the church.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment