Monday, October 4, 2010

A more obvious gush

Zomagosh! The blog is being written and posted the day of? That's just crazy! Kerry must really be on top of things. Yes, yes I am.
The first thing I wanted to bring up today was something that happened another night. I'm not sure what night I think it was Saturday. In any case Kristin was coming home from some where, I think shopping, and I had come down to help her get groceries out of the car. When I cam down I brought Maymie and tried to kill two birds with one stone. (A bit of a morbid saying eh?) Either way I was letting the dog do what she does and I felt a sharp pain on my ankle. I didn't know what it was and can take pretty good amounts of pain and so ignored it for a second until I started feeling a lot more pain. OH MY GOSH I'M STANDING IN AN ANT PILE!!!!!!! Needless to day it was dark and I couldn't see the ants to get them off my feet so I drug Maymie and the groceries up stairs with screaming pain in my legs. I dropped the dog off at the door and the other stuff on the counter and ran to the restroom. Once I removed all the little bugs I counted and there are 11 bites on my ankles and two on other parts of my leg. This is two days later and they still hurt.
Lately my manager and I have been talking about running a marathon in December. He is well more prepared than I am but I'm going to try and catch up to him and see if I can run it with him. So to help me with that I ran around nine miles today. I haven't run that far in a long time, but it did give me an idea of where I need to run next week to get to eleven or twelve miles. I also kinda wanted to use this new app for my phone. I have had a running app for a while but this one is connected to a website that will show me my routes and help me pick out new ones. I'm not going to lie though, my knee's are killing me.
Tonight was the first night of our birthing classes. They went over what we, or rather she, would feel when she was going into labor. They talked about the different parts of labor and what I needed to do during. Basically what ever she needs me to do. I'm the man. =) Tonight the class ended earlier than it was suppose to and they took us on another tour of the hospital. It was good to have the second tour because this lady explained things differently to us. Whats crazy? Oh just that we are one of two couples who plan to have the kid with out an epidural. Yep crazy.
--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment