Monday, October 25, 2010

Grandma Barnett

As I sit to write a blog that is mine, but belongs to someone else, I think about exactly what to say. This is much harder than you would think. I blog, but just about the pictures I upload, not the events of a day or night or both. Kerry asked me to be a guest blogger days ago…and I mentioned I wanted to be able to put the baby’s name on the blog…but alas, since Justin is a much faster blogger than I he got that honor, however, my blog will be placed before his, just written after.
To begin this story we must start on Sunday...so back up a day. We left for Alamosa directly after church picking up a U-Haul trailer on our way out of town. We had to go and finish cleaning the house and organize the storage shed and bring back the rest of my furniture for my scrapping/play room. I guess since this is K & K’s blog, I should get to that part. While I was cleaning the empty kitchen I got a text from Kerry stating they were going to start Kristin on Pitocin and his texted didn’t seem very happy...so I called. He was bummed and a little cranky to say the least, perhaps because this little bundle of joy wasn’t here yet…so I called and talked to him. There seemed to be plenty of people there to help out with all that needed to be done. We finished up at our house around 10:30pm (mountain time) and headed to some really good friends house for the night. Braeden didn’t seem to sleep very good, so I was up many times during the night. If it wasn’t Braeden it was praying for Kristin, she was on my mind most of the night. (plus every time Todd moved I felt like I was going to fly off…gotta love blowup matresses!)
At about 3:20 Kerry called and he didn’t talk much, but I heard enough to make me feel like I was in the room. I heard a little baby boy just crying and crying and his mommy kept saying...it’s ok, you are ok...I could see the whole room in my minds eye...what a precious experience. Kerry’s comment was “can you hear him?” He’s big! After what seemed a life time they called us with his name...Sawyer Avery Barnett, born at 3:14 am on October 25, 2010. Sawyer weighed in at 8lb 5oz and was 20 and 3/4 inches long. What a blessing and miracle you are little boy. This Grandmom from Colorado sure wishes Dallas was closer to Colorado Springs!

Love you! Mandy

3 comments:

  1. great blogging Mandy, congrats again to the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn pregnancy hormones. I'm crying after reading this! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Whitney, the hormones don't go away after baby..I'm bawling too. lol

    ReplyDelete