Sunday, October 24, 2010

The pictures say it all.. mostly

Today I got up and went to work and I am telling you that for some reason it was a long day at work. Maybe I just had a rough night because of all the walking yesterday or maybe it had something to do with how much I really wanted to Kristin to feel better. I know that I sent her a message asking her to go into contractions so that I didn't have to go back to work. But I stayed most of the day until she did have to go to the hospital. Once she was there I left work hoping to not come back for a few days.
I went to the hospital to find out that the doctor said that they would keep her and they would start her on pitocin. The next thing that you can do it wait. No one really know how long anything is going to take because every ones body is different and every one takes to things differently. So we waited.
When I say we I mean that there were more than just Kristin and I there. Kayla and her mom had come and were hanging out with Kristin when she decided she needed to go to the hospital. Justin and Stephanie also came with us. We were very blessed to have such a large support group to help us even though all we did was wait. Though I will say that waiting sucks. It really does. It makes things go by so slowly. I can't imagine what was going on it Kristin's head when I knew that in mine there was a lot of curiosity. I was curious about the room and all the of the little gadgets and monitors and all of the thingamabobs. I was curious about how Kristin was feeling and I was curious if our baby would come today.
I was there most of the time except for when Justin, Kayla and I went out to get something to eat. We went to Chipotle, a place Kayla had never been before. They serve huge burritos and we brought those fat sacks back to the hospital with us. None of us wanted to miss anything. After we got back Alexa came and hung out with us.
Well it was lat into the night and Kristin was feeling the contractions but not to the extent that you would think she should have been feeling them. The nurse was checking on her and making sure she was comfortable. As we waited I started to notice that Kristin wasn't feeling as good and so I made sure I was sitting there with her giving her anything that I could. After all she didn't want to have any sort of dumbing meds.
As it got later we decided that it was time for every one to leave so that we could spend the rest of the night without as much chaos. Kristin's mom stayed with us but every one else left at around 1 am. When they left I knew that I was getting tired and so I asked Kris if I could take a quick nap so that I would be alert when she needed me to. I laid down on the floor in the corner and took a quick snooze but when I woke up Kristin was sick and her contractions were terrible. I knew that I didn't need to sleep any more until she was done with me. I held her hand through the contractions and I blew on her face for a bit of light wind so she could have some relief. Pretty soon Doctor Herr arrived and it was time to push....

--Kerry

P.N. So just so every one knows for a little while we will be having a few guests blogs so that we can get situated... hope you like em.

No comments:

Post a Comment