Saturday, October 16, 2010

Waiting in anticipation.

Work, all day work. Had lunch with Justin and Kristin, might be the last time he sees her and she has a baby inside. Its weird to think that. I guess because all these nine months we've been just sitting here thinking that we have a baby coming. Now we know that he'll be here soon and that just makes everything different. I guess I can see why people get excited right at the end. Its because they have been waiting for a while, and this is a bit like Christmas.
I've been doing a good job of letting people know that the doctor said some time this week she thinks. Of course that isn't set in stone but I thought that all of my managers should at least know that I might have to leave. Letting them know is always a good thing too because some of them pass down their knowledge and experiences. In fact one of my managers assured me that I was going to feel really stupid during the process. He also told me that it was my job to make sure that Kristin was as comfortable as possible, plus a few other things that are helpful. I'm just glad that people care enough to try and help.
After I got off work I came home, Kristin was already here, and I decided to make supper. Now there is a beast in me that wants to cook all the time. I think this beast could stay in the kitchen for hours just making dishes for people to eat. This beast is also a very good cook. We just don't have all the right ingredients needed for this beast to cook all the time. But I did make a meal even if it was a boxed meal, and because the beast demanded it I made rice crispy treats. made a double batch and I made them the long way, on they stove. I'm getting pretty pumped though because I think I'm going to get to cook more, and I should cook more now.
We worked more on his baby book, I did most of the writing because Kristin thinks that mine is better than hers, I think they are both pretty good. We also were working on a name. (I'll take this moment to insert that my Dad says that if we'd just name the kid and tell every one his name he'd be here.) But we don't have anything in concrete yet. In fact, this is bad, we are adding new names to the list that weren't there before. I know that when we have to though we'll step up and name him like a.. say it with me... like a CHAMP!

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment