Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What a krick in the neck.

I was closing tonight but Kristin worked in the morning so it was just Sawyer and I goofing off. Before I had done anything productive like get dressed or shower or even get Sawyer dressed I was watching tv. See folks I can act like a normal person. But during the tv watching and the Sawyer swinging I got a phone call. A few weeks ago it was brought to my attention that there was a position for ZMS open in another store. That is a position above mine but below assistant manager. Since there was more than one position open Justin and I both decided to go walk the store to see if it was some place we'd like to work at. Well after walking we both checked to make sure that we were in the application for that position. Today I got the phone call that I needed to set up an interview. With no time this morning I was going to have to do it on my lunch break tonight at work.
You know how it is though when you are about to get an interview for something that you really want. Sitting around just doesn't cut it any more. So I had to get ready for the day and get the kid ready. I dressed in the nicest work cloths that I have and went to work taking Sawyer for a very short stop at Stephanie's today. I hope he was real good for her because he gets shots tomorrow.
Well work was crazy because all we did all day long was interviews. I think I was in three interviews. Sitting in the interviews asking the questions didn't help. I had to think of what my answer would be or if I would get the same or similar questions asked to me. Nervousness ensued. I didn't tell any one that I was going to interview at lunch but I did let them know that I would be taking a long lunch.
Well lunch came around and I headed over to the Grapevine store. It was six so the traffic was crazy and slow. I was just lucky that I had some one to talk to along the way. Justin had finished his interview before I made it over there so he called and talked to me about it. I don't know if that helped of made me more nervous. I think interviews are the only thing I get nervous about.
Well I interviewed. During the interview you sit there and wonder whats going on. How they are taking the answers to their questions. What they think of you and what did they think of who else they interviewed. I suppose that it was good enough because they offered me the job. That made my night. The rest of the night went by fairly quickly.

--Kerry

1 comment: