Friday, December 3, 2010

AAaaaarrrrrrrggg (this be pirate speak for 'darn')

So today is the day we are going back to Texas! I just want to get back to normal, please. Its been two weeks of just crazy and I need a bit of normal so that I can get back to me. So I was ready to go and I wanted to get out of there very early but we were a little late and weren't able to load the car until about eleven. Well I had taken everything down stairs and was hauling it out to the car trying to jigsaw everything into the HHR when I noticed that on the passengers side the front tire was flat. Yay. O_o So I went out to the Good Year Tire and got a quick fix on the tire. It wasn't too expensive and only took about thirty minutes so that we were back to getting on the road at around lunch time. It was a little later than I wanted it to be but it was better than leaving at three in the afternoon.
We went out and got gas and said goodbye to every one and then we were on the road. So we are driving on a fine day in Kansas when the wind is blowing. Well I'm not use to driving in wind any more so my car may have swerved a bit and a State Trooper took an interest in me. Well the gentleman must have liked me because he pulled me over. When you get pulled over by a cop you always expect to hear, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" This time had I heard that I wouldn't have known why. But he didn't ask that he only asked me how I was doing. I think he was checking to see if I was tired and dozing off or if I had been drinking. But I hadn't and wasn't so after he checked my insurance and license and asked me every question in the world about where we were going and whether or not the car was mine he let me go.
The rest of the drive home was easy. Long as all get out but easy, no more cops. We got home pretty late and I had to take everything up stairs. When I was in Kansas I developed a cough, not much else but the cough was heavy and was really throwing me for a loop. I was coughing as I walked up and down the stairs and then suddenly as I was going out for another load from the car I unexpectedly threw up. Most of the time you know when its coming and you can get to a trash can but I'm telling you I could have been in the middle of my wedding and I would have puked on the preacher because it came so suddenly. Instead I just puked on my shoes... which I didn't notice until two days later after I had been wearing them. But I did take a couple buckets of water and make a bigger mess on the cement by spreading the puke to every ones front door.... good times. night

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment