Thursday, December 23, 2010

Crazy Tom

So today Kristin has to go into work and work a long shift but I am off of work. So she got up this morning and took care of Sawyer then she was off to work. I instead got ready for the day by taking a shower and then playing some music very loudly. Now I know in the past I have prided myself on how good my rice crispy treat making skills are but today I made way more than that. Of course I didn't really make anything very challenging and I burnt the rice crispy treats. (irregardless of what any one who ate them says they were burnt.) But I made hay stacks, chocolate chip cookies, no bake cookies, and the rice crispy treats. I did try to make pretzels dipped in white chocolate but I burnt that as well, and that one burnt to the point that I needed to not even try to make them.
The no bake cookies didn't turn out like my moms do when she makes them though. Her's are more like a pile of a cookie while mine turned out to be pretty thing and shaped round. Kristin made the remark that they looked a little bit like corn feces. (Inside joke but still funny) So now my corn feces cookies are at the top of my holiday cooking list every year.
Well a bit in the afternoon Kristin's family showed up and almost immediately I was out the door with Kayla going shopping for some Christmas presents. We decided to head to the mall and shop for those people we'd be getting presents for. Kayla doesn't really have all the means to shop in Colby as in Colby there aren't really the means for shopping. Plus it was fun getting out and amongst the crazies during their shopping spree. I can't think of how many stores we went into but one thing I do remember is that Macy's is way to expensive. We were looking at their scarves and they had them for 80 dollars. Now maybe this is a little over the top for me but 80 bucks for a skinny blanket? No not okay.
After shopping it was time to go over to LeeAnn and Harry's. But first we needed to make a pit stop at the house to get the presents wrapped. After putting the presents together in and getting ready to go it was evident that Kayla could also not wrap presents as well as Kristin. It think that her's looked better than mine but I am unsure if they would have ever won any contests. By the time we got over to LeeAnns Griffin was already asleep and so I still haven't seen that kid since Sawyer was born. The rest of the night was like you see in the movies when they have a Christmas meal and then open presents. So it was a pretty good night.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment