Monday, December 13, 2010

Mazer Rackham

You may have seen this picture before, or to you it may look familiar but I assure you that that is my kid Sawyer and not a picture of one of Conan O'Brien's children. Sawyer is much less... much more me. But here's a shout out to Conan hair every where. Whoot.
Day three and we are now at the Belsnickel. This was Santa basically but he was covered in fur. Which whose to say Santa doesn't love a good mink, but this Santa wasn't created to bring good presents to children, he was made up to bring terror to their hearts. Children weren't, and probably aren't, fond of the Belsnickel (with a name like that who would be fond of you). But parents love him because he scares kids into being good or else they get a great big stick in their stocking... which is later on used to spank them I'm sure. Some times this dude wears a mask with a long tounge.. at least he's not the Krampus.
Kristin did her best not to cry this morning. She held it together even after she left the house and dropped Sawyer off at Stephanie's house. It was only when she got to work that it hit her and she started crying. It really does suck to leave him every day and some day I hope that I can keep her from having to.
I picked the kid up from the sitter after I got off. He seemed to be pretty well, pretty asleep. Stephanie said that he did a good job and her kids just loved him. I hope that she means it because he'll probably be coming back some time. I was thinking on the way home when poeople say that their kids grow up quickly and you need to cherish the time you have them as little babies and I think its probably true for most people. But I also think that if you take that child and you want the best for him then you will watch him progress and become independent because the best for him isn't in your arms. So you watch him grow and run off and then come back to you and you see him go to school and them drive a car and more and more you see him get further from needing your help because you know your net isn't big enough to catch him all the time. Then some day it happens. You can't do anything and you watch him fall until he falls past your arms and into the arms of God and you realize that those same arms are around you and that is the best for him. (I'm just guessing of course because I've never really been there.)

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment