Saturday, December 11, 2010

Peter Wiggin

Two weeks to go. There are only two weeks until what some people think is the best day of the year. Yes thats right two weeks until Christmas. Well I know that these are going to be posted after the blessed holiday but I wanted to post some odd facts about the date that some of you might not know. So I'll do my best to make these interesting and odd... but mostly other people will make them odd.
Well we all know the regular Christmas figures like Jesus and then the fake ones like Santa. Well the truth is there are so many more than just Santa. In Alpine areas they believe there is a creature named the Krampus who goes along the nights Santa delivers presents and punishes little boys and girls who have been bad. In the beginning he would put switches in their stockings... now they just get coal... Either way what makes this creature weird is that he is a demon like creature with sharp teeth and horns. And every December in Austria young men dress up as this devil like character and scare children... glad I live in America.
Well work was great. Just the full swing of stuff. It gets really busy now and knowing how busy it is compared to what January will be makes me sad. I know that soon there wont be near the shoppers we have now but... man I wish it was this busy all year round.
Kristin had to go into work today to see what kind of hours she would be working. I'm not sure if you were told but we were told that she wasn't going to work too many because there weren't that many to hand out. Well we were pleasantly surprised today to find out that she would get about 25 hours, at least for this next week. I sure hope this keeps up. I'm also glad we got the baby sitting thing to help us, you are great Stephanie.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment