Saturday, December 18, 2010

Petra Arkanian

Sawyer really likes to stand so we decided that it was about time to get out the Exco saucer. Well as we set it up I looked at the picture of the thing as it was built and the kid in that thing is as old as my brother. (My little brother Braeden.) And as we looked at him, you can see, he is a little thin for it. So because he was flopping all over the place we stuffed it full of blankets. The plug worked out and this little man was standing and jumping though I don't think that he really cared about the toys there on the edge. Maybe some day.
So the note today says that Kristin went shopping for me with Stephanie... let me find out what happened. Oh!? Really? hah, thats, thats really good. Haha, funny. Great stuff you got there... okay now I need to type it.. oh hoho, good stuff.
I guess Kristin went shopping knowing what she wanted to get me for Christmas, you'll find out what I got later. Either way they went into the shop and went looking for the item. Well turns out these things were on sale so I got like five of them, sooper cool. While the two of them were shopping for the stuff though a little monster climbed up behind Sawyer and made a sound that sounded a bit like a man farting. So it wasn't a monster.. or a man. Apparently Sawyer blazed a trail through his pants and onto Stephanie's hand, poor girl. I guess she's just getting ready for her own kid eh?
After that the five of us went to spend some time with Abuelo DeLeon. We had a great Christmas dinner at Mr. DeLeon's house. There are very few adults that I would hang out with other than my parents but Justin's dad is one of those people. He is very intelligent and he thinks intuitively. At the end of the night it did turn out that I felt like a complete jerk. When we leave my parents house we say good bye and then are out the door, same with Kristins. But when you leave Abuelo DeLeon's house it is not the same. In his culture you hug and at least with Kristin he kisses her on the cheek. Well we didn't realize that we were suppose to do that... and so we kind of didn't.... and now we feel awful.
Not to mention but in Finland the family gets their coats out and goes to the cemetery for Christmas Eve. I guess it is tradition to pay your respects to the dead but it just doesn't seem the right time to go to the cemetery... and every one takes candles.... don't burn the cemetery.
--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment