Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blimy!

Another day another grandma, two today. Early this morning Kristin and I got up and woke the kid up so that we could go and see my Grandma Barnetts. (I'm not sure what the plural for last name is*shrugs*) We never really get out there as quickly as we want to but we always get out there. Well we were rushing around and left the house and of course had to swing by McDonalds for breakfast. (What's up Mickey D's) Then headed out for the long journey to Rexford. Well you know that journey that use to be much longer than it is now is only twenty minutes, shorter now that they changed the speed limit.
When we got out there my grandma was there with a cake in hand ready to greet us. I always love going out to see my grandma's and I know that they are are so different and all so special but I believe that because they are all this way that no one has grandmothers like I have. While we were there talking I noticed out of the corner of my eye a clay doll in panties and a bra... with glasses on. I expect this from some people but not my grandma. She said that she made this wide hipped doll and had originally had clothing on her but she didn't really like it so she just took it off.. great a naked doll. I guess she knew that I would need something to talk about in my blog.
I didn't know before I arrived but my uncle Brian was also there. He was out working on my grandma's house... I'm not sure what kind of work he was doing but I know that it had to do with her house. Either way it was good to see him.
From there we went and saw my Great Grandma Barnett. To Sawyer she is his Great Great Grandma Barnett.. I guess that means she's the greatest? She is pretty awesome. I never tell her we are coming over but she is always glad to see us. She held Sawyer the whole time, that's her picture above. He stretched out the long ways across her lap, he's such a tall boy.
It was a good day but we had to get some more work done and Kristin's Grandma's because we were leaving the next day. I did get to eat supper with my Grandma Morris and Thurman. We went to a Chinese restaurant. Thurman happens to have spent much of his military career there and so he is pretty keen on Chinese food. But he did tell me that he didn't take the time to learn how to use Chop Sticks.
Kayla and I got some more of the puzzle done but it was evident that there wasn't going to be a finished puzzle by the time we leave tomorrow. Sadness. Night.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment