Saturday, December 25, 2010

Han Tzu

Well I know at my aunts houses that the kids are allowed to wake up any time after midnight. So 12:01 is game. At my house growing up we just woke up and then went and sat around the tree until mom and dad woke up. I think they were already up and they were just listening for us. But we tried to be quiet so that we didn't wake them up. Then when they got around to it they came out and we opened our Christmas Presents. I think it was the stockings first that way we always had something to eat while we were opening the rest. Here at the house this year we definitely weren't up before 9 in the morning... well no one but me. So I sat over by the Christmas tree and waited for the rest of the people to get there.
At about ten every one was up and over at our house ready to open presents. So I helped sort them out and then we all started opening them. It was pretty great and I think that every one was glad with what they got. If you look in the pictures you can see that Karter was excited for his DS. And while you can't see it here Kayla and Karter got a Wii from Santa.
So when we went over to LeeAnn's again (They weren't there but the Skiles were staying there.) we hooked it up and played a mean game of bowling and some other wii sports. Bernice showed me up and made fried chicken with chicken that looked like it had been on roids, it was really good. I will admit that as of right now she cooks better chicken than I can cook. I hope some day to cook better chicken. All in all it was a good Christmas.
Now I know that Jesus wasn't born on Christmas but that doesn't matter because it is the day of the year that we recognize his birth. It is embarrassing to me that many people don't see it that way, but the commercialization of the holiday makes me sick. I'm glad that my family can get past that and see why we have such a day set aside.

--Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment